When renting a property there are a vast number of legislation a Landlord needs to be aware of. This is not only prior to a tenancy commencing but during and the process once a Tenant vacates right the way through to specific timeframes on a deposit release in line with TDS guidelines.
If you are a first time Landlord or hold a portfolio we can take this off your desk. We have a dedicated Property Manager who will ensure a smooth-running tenancy without any disturbance to your day-to-day with maintenance queries which may arise from a Tenant.
As a snapshot, Bovingdons will organise and liaise with all third parties prior to the tenancy commencing to ensure you are fully compliant. In many instances a responsive professional management service can help retain a Tenant for longer.
Here are just a few key benefits of our Property Management service:
- A sole point of contact for your Tenant during the term of the tenancy.
- Annual Gas Safety check and servicing of appliances.
- Electrical Inspection Condition Reports.
- Ensure all cord operated blinds and curtains are compliant.
- Testing of smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide alarms and these are where required.
- Booking your inventory check in.
- Booking and signing off on a pre-tenancy professional clean.
- Arranging any pre-tenancy works with third party approved contractors.
- Consolidating expenditure reports and producing annual income reports for your portfolio.
- Serving notices on your behalf (charges would apply for legal notices such as a section 8 or 21).
- Ensuring any guaranteed appliances.
- Chase late payments of rent.
- Collect and hold the deposit in the Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Mid-Term tenancy inspections – these are carried out at 6-month intervals.
- Right to Rent checks re-checks (these are chargeable for our rent collection service).
- At the end of the Tenancy, we will arrange for contractor quotes and present proportionate costings to the Tenant for the deposit release.
- We are also able to offer a management service for a minimum of 6 months at the start of a tenancy to assist the Tenant settling in. We have found this incredibly valuable for our clients and a value add in the Tenants experience.